Saturday, January 03, 2015

New beginnings...

I've decided to take up a 365 challenge this year in lieu of New Year's Resolutions.  Of course I can't help but make some resolutions, and I'm not against them; I make resolutions at the start of every month. Every single month promising myself to get more organised and get on top of life. Perhaps it's impossible to get on top of life? As a great (great) man once said:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

It's been a very busy 18 months since my last blog, moving across the country, moving again, making friends, settling the progeny into new educational establishments. At the same time I wish I'd kept it up because life has moved fast and I've missed it. So many things I've done and seen and thought and achieved and I haven't taken note. So yes, a new beginning and a new blog.

My 365 challenge will be a photo-a-day. I won't be blogging every day so it will be a few day's roundup amongst the other things I do write about! I've chosen this because I love taking photographs and wish I was better at it. However I'm not about to carry a camera 24/7 so lots will probably be on my phone. Hopefully this will be a nice visual diary for me to look at.

Day 1


I had the pleasure this week of going to the Bridewell Museum in Norwich with several other adults so that instead of running at top speed to the shoe room (as is Little My's wont, much to my frustration), I was able to peruse some of the exhibits. I must have been to this museum 20 times and never been allowed to look at the old pharmacy before. What a joy to be able to slowly browse!
I could have stayed all day reading the labels on all the wonderful pharmaceuticals.




2015 will see me attempting to re-enter the world of paid work. I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to become a 1920s pharmacist?
The Bug particularly enjoyed dressing up as a 1950s lady.



Day 2

Mousehold Heath is a marvelous place that we have yet to fully explore. I'd love it if we could go for a good long walk every weekend this year. We've so many great places right on our doorstep we'll have to make a proper effort to see them all!



No comments: